West Point Grey, Vancouver
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling is the process of creating micro injuries by the microneedling pen to trigger and intensify the release of collagen and elastin formation. It treats your skin from inside out and outside in. Microneedling is safe for all skin types and addresses a wide range of problems such as acne scars, stretch marks, dark spots, fine lines, and wrinkles.
See the Difference with a Medical Grade Microneedling Pen
- Utilizing surgical grade micro needles to perforate the skin a stamp-like motion to activate the tissue’s mechanism.
- Stamp like motion vs. rubbing motion with traditional microneedling pen to prevent scarring.
- Safest method of collagen induction therapy because it leaves the epidermis intact and undamaged.
What is microneedling recommended for?
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves sagging skin
- Sun damaged skin
- Enlarged pores
- Stretch marks
- Scars (Surgical, Acne)
- Active ingredient penetration
- Skin rejuvenation
- Improvement in skin tone and texture
- Great for people who cannot be treated with laser
Used in Conjunction with:
Thirsty Skin Serum– packed with hyaluronic acid and antioxidants, this serum hydrates and decreases fine lines on your face and neck immediately.
Hair Growth Fertilizer Serum– to stimulate hair growth and provide nourishment to hair follicles.
Depigmentation Serum – to lighten brown spots/pigmentation/melasma
How do I prepare for microneedling?
- Avoid Warfarin, Coumadin, and other novel anticoagulants
- Avoid NSAID blood thinners such as Asprin, Ibuprofen, Motrin, and Advil
- 48 hours before the treatment, avoid alcohol
What is the downtime?
Significant healing takes place within the first 2 hours post treatment and healing is mostly completed within 24-48 hours. The healing time depends on the severity of your damaged skin, the depth of the microneedling procedure, and the nature of the skin. Slight swelling, heat, and redness (like a mild sunburn) can last up to 3 days in some people.