Point Grey Vancouver
Botox® & Nuceiva® Injections
What are Botox® & Nuceiva® injections?
The constant movement of your forehead, raising eyebrows, and frowning leads to forehead frown lines. These lines can make you look and feel older than you are. Botox® is a neuromodulator that are Health Canada approved for cosmetic and medical treatments. OVO Medi Spa has an experienced Botox Vancouver injector who will administer the right amount to give you a natural look. In just a few days, you will discover a younger you with fewer lines and a healthy glow to your skin.
Which areas can I treat?
You would be surprised at the areas that can be treated with neuromodulators. They can be used to treat:
- wrinkles around the eyes known as crows feet
- the frown lines known as the “11’s”
- the raised forehead horizontal lines known as glabellar lines
- fine lines along the side of the nose known as bunny lines
- masserter hypertrophy / jaw clenching
- facial slimming
- platysmal band
- migraine headaches
- bow lift
- lip flip
How soon will I see results?
Within 2 weeks. If you do not see enough improvement, you may need more units of injection
How long does it last?
Neuromodulators last an average of 3-4 months. This depends on your body’s metabolism and lifestyle factors.
How many units will I need?
This all varies from person to person and on the area being treated. During the consultation, you can discuss your aesthetics goals with the medical injector.
How do I prepare for Botox® & Nuceiva®?
Please let us know if you are taking Warfarin, Coumadin, or other novel anticoagulants.
To avoid bruising and swelling:
- A week before your procedure, avoid using NSAID blood thinners such as Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Motrin, and Advil.
- A week before your procedure, avoid fish oil, vitamin E, vitamin A, ginseng, St. John’s wort, and gingko biloba.
- 48 hours before your procedure, avoid alcohol.
Is there any downtime?
Like any other injections, you may experience minor redness, bruising, or swelling.
Do not lie down for 4 hours after your injections. For 24 hours after the injection:
- Avoid rubbing on the injection site.
- Avoid NSAID medication, supplements, and alcohol.
- Avoid strenuous exercise.
”Recently visited Ovo Medi Spa, a very beautiful, fresh, and clean environment! I enjoyed the friendly welcome of the technician Pooney who ensured Covid safety protocols were followed which made me feel very safe. When it came time for the procedure, Dr. Kwok spent a lot of time explaining what to expect and making sure I was comfortable. I appreciated his knowledge and his patience. I am pleased with results of my lip injections - I just wanted a very natural, subtle boost to my lips and this is exactly what I obtained. Shivawn followed up with me in the following days to ensure any swelling had settled and that I was fully satisfied. I would recommend Ovo Medi Spa and Doctor Kwok to anyone looking for professionalism and high-quality products, and I would be happy to go back.