West Point Grey, Vancouver
What are Dermal Fillers?
Are you beginning to notice hollowness in the cheeks, deeper lines in the nasolabial folds, thinning lips or those dreaded smoker’s lines? Would you like to re-volumize and soften these areas to give you a more youthful appearance? Dermal fillers are injected into the skin to restore volume and enhance natural facial features. Ovo’s physician injector will evaluate your face shape and the quality of your skin to give you the best lip filler, chin filler, cheek filler, temple filler, and jawline filler results.
Which areas can I treat?
They can be used to treat:
- Thin lips
- Wrinkles around lips
- Sunken cheeks
- Temple region
- Chin area
How soon will I see results?
You will see results immediately after the injection.
How long does it last?
This varies from person to person depending on your metabolism and the selected fillers to treat the your goals. The average length of time can be from 6 to 24 months depending on the type of fillers used and the area of injection.
How do I prepare for dermal fillers?
To avoid bruising and swelling:
- A week before your procedure, avoid using NSAID blood thinners such as Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Motrin, and Advil.
- A week before your procedure, avoid fish oil, vitamin E, vitamin A, ginseng, St. John’s wort, and gingko biloba.
- 48 hours before your procedure, avoid alcohol.
Is there any downtime?
Like any other injections, you may experience minor redness, bruising, or swelling.
For 3 days after the injection:
- Avoid sleeping on your face.
- Avoid rubbing on the injection site.
- Avoid NSAID medication, supplements, and alcohol.
- Avoid excessive heat.
- Avoid strenuous exercise until filler has settled completely.
Afraid of needles?
Our medical injector uses a very small needle along with an effective numbing cream on areas that are sensitive, you will experience very minimal discomfort.