West Point Grey, Vancouver
What are Lip Fillers?
Lip filler treatment is one of the most popular procedures at Ovo Medi Spa – and for good reason! Dr. Jimmy Kwok’s true specialty is combining science and art to create subtle changes that enhance your natural features without looking “done”. Using only the best and latest 2nd GENERATION hyaluronic acid lip fillers approved by Health Canada, you can rest assured that your health is Dr. Kwok’s main priority. Furthermore, these fillers not only add volume, but create a more defined shape, and a smoother, more hydrated appearance than the first generation hyaluronic acid fillers.
Who can benefit from lip fillers?
Simply put – anyone seeking added volume, height, smoothness, or balance to their lip shape is bound to love this procedure!
It all comes down to facial proportion, ethnic background, aging process, and personal preference, of course, but even those with naturally voluminous lips can often achieve a more desirable look with lip fillers. These instant, but subtle changes can improve your smile and your confidence. You now have the choice to become the best looking and best feeling version of yourself!
What is the process of getting lip fillers?
You are invited to come in for a 30 minute free consultation to discuss your aesthetic goals and to ask Dr. Kwok questions about the treatment. There is no pressure to move forward with the procedure. During the consultation process, Dr. Kwok will study your facial features, give his input, and listen to your ideas, too! You will be shown photos of lip filler before/after treatments to give you a realistic idea of what to expect. Keep in mind – if it is your first time getting lip filler, and/or you have very thin lips, it may take more than one procedure to obtain your desired look. If you have had lip filler before, Dr. Kwok will do a thorough examination for lumps and filler migration and offer suggestions to improve your lips before proceeding with your lip filler treatment.
This procedure is generally performed within 45 minutes to 1 hour, however, at Ovo Medi Spa, taking the time to ensure your total comfort and satisfaction is of utmost importance.
Are lip filler injections painful?
At Ovo Medi Spa, we use a hyaluronic lip filler that contains lidocaine to help alleviate pain. It is important to let the physician know if you are allergic to lidocaine. A small amount of numbing cream is also applied to the surface of the lips to ensure that you feel the injection as little as possible.
How soon will I see results?
You will see immediate results after getting lip filler injections! There may be some swelling which can last for a few days, so it’s best to schedule your treatment around 2 weeks prior to any important events. Dr. Kwok will ask you to come back to see him in approximately 2 weeks for a check-up to ensure everything has settled, and for any necessary touch ups.
How long do lip fillers last?
Lip fillers last an average of 6 months, although everyone’s skin condition and metabolism is different. If you have had lip fillers before, they may last even longer.
How do I prepare for lip filler injections?
- A week before your procedure, avoid using NSAID blood thinners such as Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Motrin, and Advil.
- A week before your procedure, avoid fish oil, vitamin E, vitamin A, ginseng, St. John’s wort, and gingko biloba.
- 48 hours before your procedure, avoid alcohol.
- Avoid sleeping on your face
- Avoid rubbing your lips
- Avoid chewing hard foods for a few days
- Avoid alcohol, NSAID medication (natural supplements may be used to reduce minor bruising)
- Avoid strenuous exercise for a few days until lip filler has settled completely
- Drink 8 glasses of water to help the body heal quickly
- Avoid hot showers and steam rooms for a few days
- Apply an ice pack to keep swelling down
- Sleep on 2 pillows to keep head elevated
- Take arnica pills or apply arnica ointment found at pharmacies or natural health stores to minimize bruising